Search This Blog

Monday, December 15, 2008

One Year Later

How do you fill such a big void, when no one else compares? They say time heals wounds, but what if time just let's it settle in further?

I have been reflecting this afternoon. It has almost been one year since my grandpa Jack, passed away. The year has gone rather quickly, and sometimes I feel like I just heard the news for the first time. We always called him papa. He was such an anchor in this family, someone you always just knew would be there. I rarely heard a cross word come from his mouth, he preferred to make people laugh. He used to call me Cris, and would always sing silly songs. I could go on and on about how he loved people and they loved him. He was an upstanding member of the community, a staple of his town. His great character is achieved by very few men. He loved his wife. You could tell they still had that spark even after 6 decades together. Even at the end when he was in pain I knew he hung on because he loved her so.

All of these memories give me joy because I know his legacy is so great. They still don't bring back papa. One year later that is still sinking in.

No comments: