Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Farewell Crane, Poole, & Schmidt





Last night marked the end of an era for, in my opinion, one of televisions greatest primetime dramas. Boston legal ran five seasons, all of which kept me glued to the television.

I was never an avid fan of The Practice, but started watching the last season when James Spader's character was introduced. I followed over to the spinoff the next season. I appreciated this show not just for the legal drama, but for its ability to dispense heartfelt comedy throughout. The chemistry between James Spader and William Shatner was simply dazzling. While the show was unabashedly liberal in its slant, I loved it because it made me think. It challenged many of my own beliefs and allowed me to sharpen my own thought processes. It was a show that could explore issues from alzheimer's , aspergers syndrome, racism , and even mad cow disease with such effortless seguays. At the end of the day I feel it really brought out the true humanity in all of us. No matter what your political leanings, people can still find a deep mutual affection in the things that are deeper than hot button issues. This was executed beautifully in the friendship between Alan Shore and Denny Crane. I will miss the show very much. The series finale only made me wish that at least one more season could have aired. If you never watched check it out on netflix sometime. I now leave you with a picture from one of my favorite episodes when Denny and Alan dressed as flamingos for Halloween.



No comments: