Search This Blog

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Spent

I wish I had something inspiring to say. Alas I do not. I never realized how difficult it is to be sick with three kids. Coordinating naps has not worked out. In a moment when I think I can catch a quick nap and recharge, a cry comes from the crib, WWIII breaks out over some coveted toy, or I remember something I needed to do. Here I am though writing instead of sleeping. I think I have some pent up emotion from they day I needed to let it out. It's sort of like having an adult conversation, albeit one-sided, but I'll take what I can get these days.
This cold is beating me down. I wish I could say I've been a patient, soft spoken mom. Oh how I wish. The tired side of me is enough to make even me cringe. Sometimes it is work to cherish the moments that you know will pass quickly. It can be hard enough taking care of yourself with young ones even on your best days. Throw in feeling icky and I start feeling like a washed up, faded version of my former self.

I love my kids. I am ever so grateful to be a mom. I realize that days like this are but a small speck in the spectrum of our lives. Right now I'm just tired. I need some good sleep, and if the weather could drop down below 100, well that would be welcome too.

No comments: