Search This Blog

Saturday, May 16, 2009

A New Day, On to a New Week

The nightmare that was work last week ended at the stroke of 5pm yesterday. I was tired mentally, and physically sore ( thanks Jillian). I have tried not to fall into the yay Friday,ugh it's Monday crowd. Life can't just be lived on the weekend of course, but I have found myself longing for home during each day like a refreshing oasis in the desert. It is at home I can seek refuge from the flaming arrows that besiege me during the battlefield of the workplace. Ok ,ok maybe I am a little dramatic, but this would be boring without some colorful language. Nevertheless, home is why I work. It is here that love and life provide the energy and joy that I need to press on through what curve balls come my way.

Today is a new day, and of course I stand on the cusp of a new week. I plan to make the most of my time with my husband and kids. Life is just to short to have it any other way.

No comments: