Search This Blog

Thursday, April 2, 2009

I Want to Go Home

The days can be long being a working mom. This is nothing new for most women today. I have to be honest, I am tired. Before I was married I never knew how I could be tied down as a stay at home mom. I knew I would have to work. I just felt driven to contribute. After having children and trying to balance home and work life, I want to be home. Of course I enjoy adult interaction, and I do feel satisfaction from helping earn income for our family. Even with all of these things I realize with each passing day my children are not getting younger. There are many years ahead that I can work and do many other things, but I never regain those first years with my young children. I know staying home is not easy, and presents its own challenges. Getting up early and working 9 hours only to come home and hurry to prepare dinner and clean while trying to spend some time with the kids is getting exhausting.

I'm am praying so hard something will change because I don't want to wake up one day and find my children have already grown up.

No comments: